Monday, February 9, 2009

The Grammys Lowdown: Highs and Lows

I generally try to catch the Grammys. They tend to still have some credible people on there from time to time. However, you are always going to have that collaboration song with X-Bixcuit and Twinkle Tows with Elton John that's just really terrible. Yeah, what's with all the collaborations? Yeah, Coldplay's frontman, Chris Martin, started playing a pretty tune on a pretty piano and then suddenly Jay-Z jumped up started rappin' about "sumpin'"...? Ruined it for me. Well, at least it wasn't the racially charged "my president is black" crap.

But anyway, getting back to my general thesis statement, the Grammys tend to be credible.

Highs:
Al Green/Justin Timberlake/Keith Urban
Paul McCartney/Dave Grohl
Robert Plant/Alison Krauss winning Album of the Year

Lows:
Everything else



No comments:

About Me

My photo
See Rock City, USA, United States