Thursday, April 2, 2009

When jokes are sometimes funny...

I find abnormal things entertaining. I guess that says a lot.

I find it amusing that a joke can be really funny in a certain situation, however, the same funny joke will not be funny under other circumstances. Example: Rodney Dangerfield - I think he's pretty funny and has some great one liners. How can you not laugh at some of these?

I have good looking kids. Thank goodness my wife cheats on me.

If it wasn't for pick-pockets I'd have no sex life at all.

What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife.

All of those are great and should warrant a chuckle, however, in certain situations you may not laugh and not even smile. I'll provide you a real, true un-hollywood story. I can plainly recall returning from a college golf tournament in the mid-90s. It was late and all the guys in the van were telling jokes and acting crazy...except for one guy, me. I had stomach cramps. I was perched on the edge of my seat somewhere in the dark state of Missouri (or should I say -Misery). I was looking for any brightly neon beam that would house my porcelain salvation.

So friends, I give you my Glenn Beck-ism - Life principle #1:

When you have to #2, you have to look out for #1.

And believe me the funniest jokes are not funny.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
See Rock City, USA, United States