Sunday, January 18, 2009

I don't have 31 minutes to spare on Sunday

It is true that we live in a hectic world. It seems that everyone has iPhones and nobody wants to talk on them. The people I know just look at them every 10 minutes and text and surf the net wherever they may be. It's very annoying, BUT that's another blog.

A local church (The Church at Rock Creek) has introduced a Sunday church service called the "The Rock Creek 30". The purpose of the "The Rock Creek 30" (30 minutes of worship) is to provide busy church goers a way to squeeze in a worship from their limited, rat race time schedule. Everytime I hear this omnipresent advertisement it makes me want to gag. I've heard it on the radio and seen it on television. I wish I could find the actually spot to post. I looked on the website and the only thing I could find was this quote: The Rock Creek 30 is a thirty minute worship designed with you in mind.

I found one problem with that statement and thus confirmed my purpose for this blog. This worship is designed for YOU. It almost sounds like a fast food slogan.

We/I have to remember the reason we/I worship and that is to worship God the Father and give him the reverence that he is due. Our hectic life means nothing. We can try to make some kind of rational excuse, but we can't. Everything comes from God. Our time is God's time.

It's hard for me to believe that the apostle Paul would have been attending the "Power 30."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
See Rock City, USA, United States