Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Out with the old and in with the New!

I imagine you watched history unfold the other day. If you didn't, you probably were sick in the bed and didn't turn on the television. Whether you are Republican or Democratic, Black or White or Pink or pale Yellow, it was a great day for our country. Our country needed a revival. I wish the best for our country and President Obama.

I did have mixed emotions for President Bush on his exit. I'll have to admit most of my emotions where of relief and frustration, but they were also mixed with tremendous respect. President Bush's downfall, in my opinion, was the inability to select the proper people to help him with his decision making. Throughout his presidency you will find people who resigned, who were corrupt, who performed their job poorly and officials who provided the president with incorrect information. That same incorrect information ultimately brought our country to war. Just like any business the boss must take the heat, so should the president.

I know this happens in any presidency, however, the spoils of his appointments have been just more in the spotlight. Donald Rumsfeld may have been have been his biggest disappointment during Bush's term. Another low point I remember of President Bush's term was a questionable use of wire tapping that was used as a cover up, but later revealed was Bush ordered. And who could forget the Katrina flub. Of course, the economical decline is not good, but with war comes economical decline. Once again, I think President Bush was put in a Catch 22 from the start. One of Bush's high points were the selections of the Supreme Court justices and somewhat of a longterm victory in Iraq.

All in all, I respect George Bush. I respect any person that can stand behind what they believe and not care what you or anybody else thinks. After 9/11, he united our country and since that attack has prevented any further attacks on our country. Mr. President, I appreciate your service.

I think President Bush got a pretty crappy poker hand when he got the Presidency. We had the biggest attack on American soil and a war. I cannot fathom what the responsibilities must be to protect America much less worry about anything else in a moment of crisis. One thing I can I rest assured in saying is this: President Bush loves his country and did what he thought was best.

President Bush's Report Card: C-

1 comment:

James E. Miller said...

I'm not a huge Bush fan, as you know. His presidency will be remembered for many negative things.

However, one positive I believe will be remembered in 20 years is significant: Early in his administration, our country experienced the worst attack in its history. Seven years later, when he left office, we had not been attacked again. And that's not because the terrorists didn't want to attack.

About Me

My photo
See Rock City, USA, United States