Thursday, October 30, 2008

I've got your guarantee right here Chrysler!

Do you remember when summer gas prices were outrageous? Actually, you don't even have to look that far back. Chrysler motors (GM) introduced a 'too-good-to-be-true' incentive: THE NEW $2.99 GUARANTEE. The plan guaranteed gas for $2.99 per gallon for 3 years - ONLY if you bought one of their shiny, new cars.

Fast Forward a few months - we have a problem, America. Gas is $2.27 cents a gallon in my neighborhood. Once again the consumers have been HOSED and now the joke's on Chrysler and it makes me laugh pretty hard. I'm really trying my best not to call my local dealership and ask them if that $2.99 gas is rocket fuel.
Maybe it's bad juju because they are in cahoots with Saturn in a roundabout way. Works for me at least.

2 comments:

EK said...

Right after the election, $2.99 will be a good price once again.

I could be wrong, but... said...

Update: November 2nd. Gas is gone down to $2.19 in our neighborhood.

About Me

My photo
See Rock City, USA, United States