Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Favorite Songs Pt. 1

Once a week I am going to leave you a sample of a great song. These songs are songs that will leave the hair on the back of your neck standing up. A few of these I've listened to hundreds of times in my life, but never really listened to - if you know what I mean. Your mind is a terrible thing to waste. Can we ever have a "Satisfied Mind"?

This first song was made popular by the late great Porter Wagoner - "Satisfied Mind"



How many times have you heard someone say
If I had his money I could do things my way
But little they know that it's so hard to find
One rich man in ten with a satisfied mind
Once I was waitin' in fortune and fame
Everything that I dreamed for to get a start in life's game
Then suddenly it happened I lost every dime
But I'm richer by far with a satisfied mind
Money can't buy back your youth when you're old
Or a friend when you're lonely or a love that's grown cold
The wealthiest person is a pauper at times
Compared to the man with a satisfied mind
When my life has ended and my time has run out
My friends and my loved ones I 'll leave there's no doubt
But one thing's for certain when it comes my time
I'll leave this old world with a satisfied mind.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
See Rock City, USA, United States