Friday, November 7, 2008

What do these two people have in common?













I watched John McCain's concession speech the other night. He made the statement that his defeat should all be placed upon his shoulders. I don't know if those were his exact words, but definitely his sentiments. I thought that to be a tad odd. In these times, it's a little out of the norm for anyone to take the blame for anything. Once he made the statement, of course, he was greeted with many boos. He then gingerly raised his arms in humility.

In the past few days, I believe I concur with Senator McCain. It was his fault. It all backfired in his face. His political move to capitalize on the situation did not work. Sarah Palin was the weak link on the Republican ticket. She helped the ticket for about a 72 hour period. I started to become a little weary once I heard the phrases (and the same speech for that matter) "bridge to nowhere", "maverick", "you betcha", "soccer moms", etc...during numerous stops of Palin's first week on the scene. She started to seem like a programmed robot. The whole Alaska ordeal got to be old hash to me. The V.P. debate was unbearable. Sarah, it was not a strong move to start out a rebuttal statement by saying, "As mayor I...blah, blah, blah,....." especially when experience is not in your favor. Why remind the people? Sarah, You lost me at mayor.

Well, now she has some experience in debating. Maybe she will use all of this experience to her advantage in the future - "maybe in eight years." Wow. Wonder why McCain and his "handlers" didn't want her to go on the O'Reilly Factor and do other interviews.

Final Analysis: The people selected Obama. I will support him and give him a fighting chance. I voted for McCain. However, I was not thrilled with either. McCain's stance on key issues was somewhat wishy-washy and many times was left open ended to each state's interpretation. Definitely, knowing what I know now, it would have been scary having a Vice President in office that doesn't know Africa is a continent and most of all having ole Bocephus as McCain's Chief of Staff.

Answer: Struggling careers.

1 comment:

James E. Miller said...

I appreciate the sincere and open-minded post. Frankly, I'm tired of the Religious Right acting like Obama's election is the start of Armageddon. The last two elections (Bush in 2004 and Obama in 2008) have shown me that America is much more centrist than what many think. Within four years we have voted for far right (Bush) and far left (Obama) presidents. We understand good can come from both. I'm counting on the next four years being full of "change we can believe in."

About Me

My photo
See Rock City, USA, United States