Wednesday, November 12, 2008

White Collar Crime

I'm so sick of this bailout garbage.

GM, come on down...you're the next contestant on the Price is Right bailout challenge. I'm starting to feel like the customer that sits in the waiting room for an oil change and about halfway in the disheartened attendant comes in to bring you the not so good news. I imagine you know exactly what I'm talking about. There are just so many times you can have your intellect "flushed" before you feel like you are getting the ole "grease" job. These guys just have you over the barrel because you have no idea about what is going on.

The U.S. Government is starting to take on the persona of Andy Taylor. If you remember, Andy always found a way to make the incompetent deputy, Barney, look like the hero. Now we've bailed out Wall Street and now GM? Where do we draw the line? I doubt we will make it to my mortgage, right? I would hope at some point that Andy will have a job interview in Mount Pilot and won't be there to bailout these bad businessmen. This is nothing short of white collar crime. I'm sick of people dodging responsibility.

I can't talk that much about Wall Street, but GM I can. GM is not competitive, bottom line. If you read any Consumer Reports type magazine, you will recognize very quickly they will not have a vehicle listed with any regularity in the critics' picks. A lot of things are taken into consideration for this selection: gas mileage, dependability, durability, affordability (off the top of my head). I have had 2 GM cars and have hated both of them. I think it is absurd we are constantly reminded to "Buy American." And if we don't, we have sinned. OK, so here is the theory: I'll "buy" American, and then "buy" foreign gas to put in it all the time because it's not fuel efficient. Remember friends, if you don't look out for number one, you might just step in number two. I bought a Toyota in 2004 and am now over 100,000 miles with no problems other than oil changes. And it IS fuel efficient, durable, affordable and dependable. Secondly, IF there is a bailout, I wonder where that money will come from....you guessed it....probably China. "Buy American"....Come on, give me a break. Once again, a failed response of someone trying to pass the buck on their failed responsibility.

I say let GM fold by their own merits. Let each of the CEOs keep a Hummer apiece and give them one of those $2.99 gas cards for the next 3 years. Also install in each Hummer one CD on steady rotation for the life of the vehicle:

.

.

.

.

.

.
Aaron Neville's Christmas Favorites. That should do the trick.









No comments:

About Me

My photo
See Rock City, USA, United States