Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Masked Blogger - CMA's

The Masked Man has done it again. This may be his best effort to date.
I give it a B+. Enjoy.

CMA's.
Wednesday night was Country Music’s biggest night of the year. The forty-second Country Music Awards saw Kenny Chesney, who was once called a "fraud" by ex-wife of one-minute Renee Zellweger, nab his fourth Entertainer of the Year award. This ties him with Garth Brooks for the most times to receive this award. Country legends such as Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, and Merle Haggard have only won this award once. If the CMA’s represent the greatest achievements in the industry, what does this tells us about Kenny Chesney? Joe Montana, quarterback of the San Francisco 49ers, won four Super Bowl titles and is widely considered the greatest of all-time. Should this same principle be used for Chesney? Fifty years from now will "She thinks my tractor’s sexy" be elevated to anthem status. Kenny Chesney is the emblem of the American Dream. His rise to success could be summarized as no hair, no talent, and no problems. I know that Chesney is not going away anytime soon, but if he won’t, the CMA’s should.

3 comments:

amy said...

I watched purely for the Mystery Science Theater-type aspect. It did not disappoint in that respect. I had a lot of good laughs.

"The greatest achievements in country music" - It is sad this description embraces a song with lyrics that include the phrases bad mamma jamma and mother trucker. ("She's Country" performed by none other than Jason Aldean. WHO?).

Amy

I could be wrong, but... said...

I tell you what - I have seen about all I want of Kenny. I don't really see or hear much out of him until the big show and them BOOM there he is slouched in his chair...peeking underneath his low brim with that ever so devilish snear like he has just ripped a silent but deadly one.

Brad

Anonymous said...

Obviously neither of you know a thing....

About Me

My photo
See Rock City, USA, United States