Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How does Classmates STILL stay in business?

I imagine most people are aware of Facebook and MySpace. For those that don't really know much about it or have secondhand views, you probably only associate it with bad things on the news OR think it's one of those sex sites that's featured on Primetime Live. I guess it can be whatever you make of it. I guess your home telephone can be a sex phone if you want it be. But if used properly, it's a pretty cool resource.


I have a Facebook and MySpace account to promote my band and music. It allows me to send updates to people for upcoming shows and at a click of the mouse, I can send umpteen messages to anyone at anytime. It also allows me to find old friends from years ago. It's nice to stay in touch with people I don't really know that well. I guess that's kind of weird. The nice thing about these sites is that they are free, too! All in all - it's helpful to me and entertaining at the same time.

All of this leads me to my original statement: How does Classmates STILL stay in business?Classmates may have been the first site to help you re-connect with old classmates and friends. I still get emails to this day. The BIG difference here is Classmates costs MONEY-Dinero-Greenbacks-Cabbage-Benjamins-! You cannot access the site without becoming a "Gold Member" or whatever the "in-crowd" calls it. Does this not confuse anyone else? Who cares if someone has signed my guestbook a year ago or uploaded a new picture? Classmates seems to be living about 10 years behind the times. Do they not know that Facebook and MySpace offers 100x more things for free? But they are still around, so what do I know? Am I missing something?

Hang on, someone just signed my guestbook. Gotta go.

About Me

My photo
See Rock City, USA, United States